ExcuseMe, INC. (“ExcuseMe” “WE,” “OUR,” OR “US”) PRIVACY STATEMENT — HIGHLIGHTS
We know how much you value privacy, and we realize that you care about what happens to the information you provide to us through our website, mobile application and other sources (our Website). We have provided highlights below regarding how we collect, use, and share your information that you or others provide to us. Click here to see our full Privacy Statement.
If you are a California resident, click here for information about Your California Privacy Rights.
The ExcuseMe mobile application enables the posting to other platforms, but we will never post, like, comment, or edit any content on your behalf. We’ve built ExcuseMe to empower you and respect the value of your content.
WHAT INFORMATION DOES EXCUSEME COLLECT?
We collect information from a variety of sources, including information that you give us directly (for example, when you post information or register on the Website), information that we receive from affiliates and other third party sources (including other Website users), and information automatically collected when you visit our Websites (such as via cookies or web beacons).
General Information that user provides himself when adding account info.
GENERAL INFORMATION THAT USER PROVIDES HIMSELF WHEN ADDING ACCOUNT INFO.
- First name
- Last name
- Locations (with history, down to the city and zip code)
- Social handles
- Favorite charities
- PayPal email for payouts
WHEN USER PAYOUTS EXCEED CERTAIN THRESHOLD (DEFINED BY COUNTRY OF RESIDENCY) WE ARE OBLIGATED TO COLLECT W9 OR W-8BEN FOR TAX PURPOSES.
- Full name
- Business name
- Federal tax classification
- Permanent residence address
- Social Security Number OR Employer Identification Number
- Country of citizenship
- Foreign Tax identifying number
- Date of Birth
INFLUENCER/CONSUMER INFORMATION AND ANALYTICS WE ARE GETTING FROM PROVIDED SOCIAL ACCOUNTS ON OUR OWN
- Social networks following and performance
- Content, caption and performance of sponsored content published through our service
- Performance includes:
- Clicks on trackable links
ADDITIONAL INFLUENCER/CONSUMER ANALYTICS WE ARE GETTING FROM MATCHING TO 3RD PARTY DATABASES
- Social networks following and performance
- Interest categories
- Keywords (Based on Social profiles analysis)
- Motivations (Based on the Social profile analysis)
- Causes (Based on the Social profile analysis + Donations)
- Emotional Drivers (Based on the Social profile analysis)
- Potential for Brand Affinity
INFLUENCER AUDIENCE ANALYTICS FOR PEOPLE WITH 3000K+ FOLLOWERS THAT WE ARE GETTING FROM A 3RD PARTY
- Interest categories:
- Gender Ratio
- Age Groups
TRACKING AND MAPPING
- IPs (tracking for locations, but not storing)
BEHAVIORAL AND FLOW DATA
- Sponsorships view
- Sponsorships opens
- Sponsorships acceptance
- Charities to which user paid it forward
HOW DOES EXCUSEME USE MY INFORMATION?
We use your information as follows:
All the data is being collected to
- Provide you as a user with the most relevant sponsorships
- Help brand to better understand their consumers and connect with them via sponsorships and incentives
- Increase and prove your value as an influencer to brands and improve your earnings
- We collect the sponsored posts performance to report to brands on the campaign and individual posts performance and to justify you as a user getting paid and incentivising brands to send more sponsorships your way
- We collect DeviceIDs and Cookies to save your temporary data until you authenticate with social application, and to match your account with 3rd party databases to get more data and to provide you with better sponsorships
All information we collect may be aggregated and merged or enhanced with data from other sources, such as third parties or our mobile application
HOW DOES EXCUSEME SHARE MY INFORMATION?
We share your information as follows:
- With third party service providers or business partners who help us with our business functions
- With affiliated companies and non-affiliated business partners for our or the third party’s marketing purposes
- With other Website users when you post or share information (either publicly or with a specified audience, depending on your preferences and selections)
- If necessary to protect the safety, property, or other rights of us, our users, or employees, or when required by law
- With your consent
- If the ownership or control of the Websites or its assets changes, we may transfer your information to the new owner
In order to request all the data that we store - please send a request to email@example.com from your email that is specified in the application and we will process your request within 30 days.
REVOKE CONSENT OR DELETE DATA
In order to request consent withdrawal or deletion of all the data, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org from your email that is specified in the application and we will process it within 30 days.
EXCUSEME PRIVACY STATEMENT — FULL STATEMENT
ExcuseMe, Inc. (“ExcuseMe,” “we,” or “us”) respects your concerns about privacy and values the relationship we have with you. This Privacy Statement describes the types of information we collect about you, how we use the information, with whom we share it, the choices available to you regarding our use of the information, and how you can contact us about our privacy practices.
1. What Information Does This Privacy Statement Apply to
This Privacy Statement applies to the collection, use, and disclosure of information from and about you by ExcuseMe on our website (http://excus.me), through our mobile application, through external social media platforms, and through telephone, email communications, and other sources (collectively, our “Website ”). The ExcuseMe mobile application will collect the same information identified in this Privacy Statement and that information will be used and shared as stated in this Privacy Statement.
This Privacy Statement does not apply to third party websites that may be accessible through hyperlinks on the Website, which have their own privacy statement that we encourage you to review. Linking to a third party site does not mean that we endorse the site, any products or services described on the site, or any other material contained in a third party site. To the extent any linked websites you visit are not owned or controlled by us, we are not responsible for the sites’ content, any use of the sites, or the privacy practices of the sites. Please review the privacy statement on those other websites to see how they handle your information.
If you choose to use our Website in any way, such as browsing or interacting, you agree with the terms of our current Privacy Statement as posted here. If you do not agree with this Privacy Statement, you should not use our Website. We may update or modify this Privacy Statement from time to time at our sole discretion, and will note the date of last update on the top of this page. We encourage you to visit this area frequently to stay informed, as your continued use of our Website following the posting of changes to these terms means that you consent to such changes.
2. What Information Does ExcuseMe Collect?
We may obtain information about you from various sources. We may collect this information when you provide it on our website, mobile application, SDK, external social media platforms, in telephone or email communication, in connection with social networking, or at one of our events. We also collect information when other users post information about you using the Website. When you visit the Website, we may also collect certain information about your device or usage by automated means or by using technologies such as cookies, web server logs, and web beacons.
Information that You or Others Provide
You may choose to provide information to us in a number of ways, such as when you participate in an offer or promotion, when you register on the Website, when you post or provide content, when you contact us, or when you otherwise interact on the Website.
The types of information you may provide to us include:
• Contact information (such as name, address, city, state, ZIP code, email address and telephone number)
• Information that you choose to provide, such as when registering on the Website or signing up for promotions (including your birth date, household information, income, marital status, and education)
• Product preferences, advertisement preferences, and other information about how you use our Website, such as the people, groups, and products you are connected to and how you interact with them
• Content you submit or post (such as photographs, videos, reviews, articles, comments, or any other information you provide to us or post) and content you provide by “syncing ” with our Website (such as your address book or contact lists) including you share with us by integrating with other media platforms (such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and YouTube) such as engagement data from those platforms;
• Financial and payment information if you use our Website to make or receive payments (such as payment card number, expiration date, account number, and billing address)
• Employment and employment application information
If you provide us with information regarding another individual, we will assume that you have that person’s consent to give us his or her information.
In addition, we may collect information about you that is provided to us by other Website users and other third parties as well as from external social networks (such as your name, profile picture, likes, location, friend list, and other information described in the social networking application sign-up page).
Information Collected Automatically
When you visit this Website or our online advertisements, utilize our services, open an email that we send you, or interact with social networking applications, we may collect information about your usage or device by automated means or by using technologies such as cookies, web server logs, and web beacons. As set forth in more detail below, we may also collect information about your usage and browsing habits using various web-based technologies.
• Web server logs: In conjunction with obtaining information through cookies, our web servers may log details regarding your device, operating system, or information about your Website usage.
• Web beacons & pixels: To control which web servers collect information described above, we may place tags on our Website or in emails called “web beacons ” or “pixels. ” These are computer instructions that link web pages to particular web servers and their cookies. Web beacons and pixels can be used to track the pages you view, links that you click, or other online behavior. These tools may also be used to measure the effectiveness of our email campaigns by identifying the individuals who open or act upon an email message, when an email message is opened, how many times an email message is forwarded, the type of software, device, operating system and browser used to deliver the email, and any URL accessed through our email message. Such tools are also used in connection with online advertisements on our Website and on third party websites to collect the same types of information with respect to individuals who click on advertisements.
Other: we may use other technology to collect information for the purposes described in this Privacy Statement.
Such technologies may permit collection of data elements such as demographic data, browser type, MAC address and other device information, operating system type and settings, domain, the address of the web page that linked you to our Website, IP address, pages visited, whether you have visited us before or are new to the Website, activities conducted on the page (such as search queries), and the day and time of your visit.
If you access our Websites or Applications from a mobile device, we may collect your precise location using GPS, cell tower, Bluetooth, or WiFi signals. You may turn this feature off in your account settings at any time in the settings of your mobile device.
At this time, we do not honor “do not track ” signals from website browsers. However, you may refuse or delete cookies. If you refuse or delete cookies, some of the functionality of our Websites may be impaired. If you turn off cookies, Web beacon and other technologies will still detect visits to our Websites, but the information they generate cannot be associated with other non-identifiable cookie information and are disregarded. Please refer to your browser Help instructions to learn more about how to manage cookies and the use of similar technologies.
3. How Does ExcuseMe Use My Information?
We collect, maintain, and use your information for the following purposes:
• establishing and verifying the identity and eligibility of users;
• opening, maintaining, administering, managing, and servicing users profiles, accounts or memberships;
• processing, servicing or enforcing transactions (including credit or debit card transactions, gift card transactions, and payments to content creators);
• providing products, content, content suggestions, services, and support;
• conducting special events, sweepstakes, surveys, programs, contests, and other offers (and communicating with you about such events);
• analyzing and improving our products, services, or Website (including developing new products and services; improving safety; managing our communications; analyzing our products; performing market research; performing data analytics; and performing accounting, auditing and other internal functions) and sharing the performance of your posts on external platforms with sponsors and advertisers;
• providing users with product, service, or company updates;
• marketing and advertising our products or services as well as products and services of third parties (such as affiliates, subsidiaries, and business partners);
• responding to your inquiries or comments, or contacting you as necessary;
• operating and communicating with you about or through external social networking platforms
• maintaining the security and integrity of our systems, including maintaining internal records;
• conforming to legal requirements or industry standards, complying with legal process, detecting and preventing fraud or misuse, defending our legal rights, or protecting others;
• as part of a merger, acquisition, transfer, sale, corporate change, or any other transaction involving all or a portion of ExcuseMe's assets
All information we collect may be aggregated and merged or enhanced with data from other sources, such as third parties or our SDK. We may also collect and store information locally on your device using mechanisms such as browser web storage (including HTML 5) and application data caches.
4. How Does ExcuseMe Share My Information?
We share your information with the audience on the Website that you specifically identify as well as anyone when you share public content. All details about your public profile may be shared with other Website users.
We may disclose your information to third parties who help us with our business functions, such as service providers or suppliers, and with business partners. Such third parties are not authorized to use or disclose your information except as necessary to perform services on our behalf or comply with legal requirements. Examples of these service providers include entities that process credit card and other types of payments, help us moderate content posted on the Website, provide web hosting or analytics services, or who assist with marketing functions. These services providers may be located around the world and in countries where privacy rules are different or less stringent than rules in the country where you reside.
We may also share your information with affiliated companies and subsidiaries as well as with business partners for our or the third party’s marketing purposes and when we believe that their products or services may be of interest to you or when measuring the performance of your posts on external platforms with sponsors and advertisers. For example, we may share data with third parties so they can provide you with marketing information about products and services or to sponsor the content that you post on the Website.
In addition, we may share your information if necessary to protect the safety, property, or other rights of us, our customers, or employees, or when otherwise required by law. We may also share your information with your consent in certain circumstances.
We reserve the right to transfer information we have about you in the event we sell, transfer, or engage in another transaction involving all or a portion of our business or assets, or undertake another form of corporate change, including bankruptcy. Following such a sale, transfer, or transaction, or corporate change, you may contact the entity to which we transferred your information with any inquiries concerning the processing of that information.
Your information may be stored in databases maintained by ExcuseMe (including local storage) or third parties, and may be disclosed to third parties for the purposes stated in this Privacy Statement, that are located within and outside the United States, including countries where privacy rules differ and may be less stringent than those of the country in which you reside. If you visit our Websites from a country other than the United States, you consent to such cross-border transfers of personal data to the United States and to other countries around the world.
5. What About External Social Media Platforms?
Our Websites’ web pages may embed plugs-ins, widgets or other apps of various external social media platforms. When you encounter those embedded objects, your internet browser may make a direct connection to the social media platform’s service and may share with the social media platforms information such as which of our Websites you have visited, information about your public profile, or content you have posted.
6. Is My Information Secure?
ExcuseMe will take reasonable precautions to protect your information from loss, misuse or alteration. Please be aware, however, that any email or other transmission you send through the Internet cannot be completely protected against unauthorized interception.
7. Does ExcuseMe Collect Information From Children?
ExcuseMe does not intentionally collect information from children under 13 years of age, and children under age 13 should not submit any information to us. If we become aware that a child has provided us with information without parental consent, or a parent or guardian of a child contacts us through the contact information provided below, we will use reasonable efforts to delete the child’s information from our databases.
8. What Choices Do I Have?
We want to communicate with you about our products and services and make content available to you, but only in the ways that you agree to hear from us. You may “opt-out, ” or unsubscribe from our newsletters, special offers or discounts, or other marketing communications by following the unsubscribe instructions in any e-mail or other communication you receive from us. After doing so, you will not receive future promotional emails unless you open a new account, enter a contest, or sign up to receive newsletters or emails. You may also continue to receive non-marketing communications about your account or purchases that you have made. Please allow up to 2 weeks to process your request.
We store data for as long as it is necessary to provide the products and services described in this Privacy Statement and for our internal business purposes. You can delete your account at any time. When you delete your account or content you have posted on the Websites, that content (such as profile information, photos, and status updates) will no longer be viewable to the public or Websites users. However, your information will continue to be stored in our internal systems for our administrative purposes. In addition, information that other users have posted about you will remain on the Websites.
We also participate in interest-based or behavioral advertising. This means that you may receive advertising on our website or other websites that are tailored to how you browse.
9. How Can I Contact ExcuseMe?
ExcuseMe is committed to working with consumers to obtain a fair and rapid resolution of any queries, complaints, or disputes about privacy. If you have submitted information to ExcuseMe and you would like to have it deleted from our databases or corrected, or if you have any other questions or comments regarding our privacy practices, please email us at email@example.com for more information.
10. I Live in California – What About My California Privacy Rights?
If you are a California resident, you have the right to request information from ExcuseMe regarding the manner in which ExcuseMe shares certain categories of your personal information with third parties, for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes. California law provides that you have the right to submit a request to ExcuseMe at its designated email address and receive the following information:
• The categories of information ExcuseMe disclosed to third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes during the preceding calendar year; and
• The names and addresses of third parties that received such information, or if the nature of their business cannot be determined from the name, then examples of the products or services marketed.
You are entitled to receive a copy of this information in a standardized format and the information will not be specific to you individually. You may make such a request by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Last updated: January 02, 2020